Busy professionals should choose equipments that meet the portability and multi functionality criteria. There are many devices in the market that could allow us do so many things during a trip. Here are things that we should bring:
- Lightweight laptops: In many cases, business professionals don’t need a high performance laptop and a more compact model should suffice in many occasions. One thing that they need to consider is to have an easy to carry computers that can run longer on a single charge. It is also a good idea to choose a compact laptop, which allows us to replace batteries whenever possible. It doesn’t make sense to lug a huge, heavy laptop with overpowered hardware. It is important to have an integrated WiFi connection in our laptop, so we could be connected with Internet access or local wireless area network whenever possible. This is particularly important if it is quite difficult to set up an Internet connection in a foreign country. The laptop should also support SD card so users can interchange data easily with multiple mobile devices. The main downside of a compact laptop is probably a smaller keyboard, but we should be able to cope with this because we often don’t type much during a trip.
- Smartphones: Many professionals are already comfortable with Android and iOS devices. It is also a good idea to choose smartphones based on the Windows Phone operating system, because it would integrate really well with latest laptop operating system, such as Windows 8 and Windows 10. These smartphone models should play well together with laptops and tablets. Popular smartphone platforms allow users to open and make quick edits on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. They should also be able to manage contacts and calendars.
- Tablets: In many ways, tablets have become our mobile computers and many professionals even choose to leave their laptops behind and use tablets as their primary computing device during a trip. Tablets are obviously bulkier than smartphones, but their batteries could last longer. Professionals may consider bringing durable tablet models that can resist many drops. With multiple 32GB microSD cards in their pocket, professionals should be able to store many important files. It is also much easier to edit documents on a tablet, because the larger display could accommodate a bigger onscreen keyboard.
- Bags: One important with bringing a bad during a trip is to make sure that we could carry everything we need to achieve our works. It is a good idea to bring a shoulder backpack to carry all of our items when we go to the client’s office. One recommendation is to choose the single sling-type bag, while the plastic clip should allow us to take the back off and place it anywhere we want it.
- Digital camera: It is true that latest smartphones have decent photography options that can deliver satisfactory results. However, even models with 20.7Mp rear-facing camera could perform worse compared to standard point-to-shoot cameras during specific situations.