Almost anyone connected to the internet in some capacity or other has used the search engine to optimise texts. While he might not be aware of the term SEO, words like keyword, tags etc., would be more commonly used without knowing that they are SEO or search engine optimisation tools or handles.
Office 365 with is extremely powerful Free Cloud Project Software is an ideal software for handling text optimisation. In fact SharePoint optimisations are so result oriented that Office 365 has become one of the most commonly used SEO applications.
What is SEO
In layman’s terms, SEO refers to the process by which the visibility of a website can be increased by directing traffic from the results of search engines like Google, yahoo etc. Search engines act like internet librarians and have information on every webpage across the internet. This is what makes them return relevant results whenever a search is initiated by an internet user. They make use of algorithms to convert information present on the numerous web pages into results. Pages having higher rankings naturally attract a heavier flow of traffic than those with lower rankings. It is the job of SEO to ensure that the concerned website gets a ranking which is higher than the rest.
SEO tools present in Office 365
Office 365 for Business has quite a few effective SEO tools which can help increase the rankings of a website when a search is initiated in the search engines. Following the below given processes go a long way in ensuring the same.
- The first step of this process is to design a website containing a few webpages storing information about particular topics. They should also contain some information about the main purpose of the website designed.
- It is mandatory for the second page of the website to have
- A short, catchy, descriptive and relevant topic,
- A few good keywords and
- A good quality description of the page.
It seems pertinent to mention here that using a few good and appropriate words as keywords by http://www.o365cloudexperts.com/ is much better than having innumerable bad keywords.
- Images embedded in the website should have alt tags attached to them. Search engines use these tags to understand that these are images since they cannot themselves view these images.
- The site should then be submitted to most of the popular search engines.
- Signing up for webmasters tools at the search engines is not a mandatory option but it is of immense help as it lets the user view the website from a third party point.
- It is very important to ensure that new content gets regularly added to the website since search engines have an affinity for content. Keywords used should also be refined and changed or added regularly based on the results obtained using the webmaster tools of search engines.
SEO optimisation using SharePoint
SharePoint which is, probably, one of the most effective and efficient http://www.projectmanagementsoftwarecloud.com/ used for search engine optimisation. Its tools and features which enable this include
- Many robot.txt files built into the software which can be edited using the sitemap settings,
- Auto generation of sitemaps which is either a single XML file or a collection of XML files which help webmasters to educate search engines any new or updated URLs,
- Canonically filtering links which are links used by search engines to collect statistics of all the links pointing to a particular web page and
- Use of meta tags on each webpage which includes titles, descriptions and keywords. These are generally attached to individual pages of the website and are accessible only from the ribbon.
In order to be able to use SharePoint correctly and accurately to yield the maximum results, it should enable the user to configure and edit site collection SEO settings, sitemap settings and SEO meta tags. Of course all this can only be done after the ownership of the website is verified and established.